Monthly Report - July 2020

Comments:
This has been a very good month for all my funds. Every fund saw a month on month increase at an average rate of 6.0% mainly due to the improving sentiment on the COVID19 recovery.
   United ASEAN led the the rally this month with 18.6% mainly due to the huge spike in its glove stock holdings (Supermax & Top Glove).
   Principal Greater China continues to make a consistent recovery at 9.3% this month. While there are several reports of resurgence of COVID19 cases in some other countries, China cases remains under control. With that, its economy is able to grow at a stable rate. 
   Consequently, StashAway, which has most of its ETF concentrated in Greater China also enjoyed a healthy 6.9% monthly growth.
   United Global, which is heavily weighted in US stocks, has a modest 5.5% growth this month. The S&P500 suffered a comparatively volatile 2% growth this month as the COVID19 situation worsens in the states.
   Manulife REITS is the only fund still trying to claw its way back to green but its slow recovery benefits me as I am able to continue purchasing it at a discounted rate.
   I was working on my legacy planning this month and realised that there could be issues with passing over my Bitcoin holdings to my nominee. For that reason, I have decided to exit all my position in Bitcoin and transfer them over to something more 'legit' (StashAway).

Forward Strategy:
A slight change in the investment allocation into FSM Funds. I will now allocate RM300 to each of the 5x FSM Fund (still totaling up to RM1,500). RM500 will still be allocated into StashAway. Any additional saved cash will be added into the same funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment