Monthly Report - July 2021

Comments:
July 2021 mainly saw two halves of my portfolio at odds with each other. The earning seasons in USA has brought a lot of my funds into the green - United ASEAN (+2.9%), United Global (+2.5%), Manulife REITS (+2.5%) & TA Global (+2.3%). However, all that was badly hampered due to the regulatory rampage by the Chinese government on local big tech players. Two of my Greater China heavy funds fell hard - Principal Greater China (-4.2%) and StashAway (-3.7%). It was a hard enough of a fall to keep my July 2021 portfolio gains humble at just +0.4%.
   The KLCI continued its dip down -2.5% this month due to the rising local COVID19 cases. Hence, the United ASEAN did well to end in a respectable +2.9% gain. It is a welcomed change as this fund has been quite the underperformer this year (compared my other funds). The combination of the new delta variant and relatively slow vaccination rate in this region has dampened recoveries compared to its peers in Greater China, Europe & USA.
   The TA Global (+2.3%) grew in tandem with its benchmark XLK ETF (+2.48%), slightly bogged down by its Chinese big tech holdings.
   Despite the Principal Greater China being the worst performer this month (-4.2%), I do have to commend it for being able to stay well ahead of the Hang Seng index which fell -9.9%.
   Savings was great again this month (RM2916) as the spike in local COVID19 cases has put a significant downer on my spending mood.

Forward Strategy:
I will continue to Value Cost Average (VCA) into my funds, keeping them at a fixed weightage as follows; United Global Equity (20.0%), StashAway (20.0%), TA Global Tech (20.0%), Principal Greater China (15.0%), United ASEAN (12.5%) and Manulife REITS (12.5%).

No comments:

Post a Comment