Monthly Report - April 2022

Comments:
My overall portfolio ended lower this month at -2.9%. This is not too bad considering that the S&P500 fell by -8.8% (inflation jitters, rising bond yields & poor big tech earnings). While not as bad, the Hang Seng also fell by -4.1% mainly due to strict COVID lockdown measures in China & HK. My portfolio did not dip as badly because while I was overhauling my portfolio and cashing in my funds, I had to wait a couple of weeks for the money to enter my bank account. Because of that, I managed to escape about 10 days of the market drop.
   Still, the major market dips affected my VT ETF (-3.2%) and Principal Greater China (-4.2%). It was my other Asia-tilted funds that were helping to buoy my portfolio namely the United ASEAN (+2.3%) and Manulife APAC REIT (+1.3%).
   On another note, I have decided to be honest with myself and admit that I cannot stomach having my sinking/emergency funds swing up and down in AmBond fund even by less than a percent. I have since moved all my funds in AmBond back in RHB Cash Management Fund 2. In the midst of overhauling my portfolio, I also took the opportunity to transfer RM6k of my investment cash to top up my emergency/sinking fund back to the RM43k mark.

Forward Strategy: 
I will continue to Value Cost Average (VCA) into my funds, keeping them at a fixed weightage as follows; Vanguard Total World Stock Index Fund ETF (70%), Principal Greater China (10%), United ASEAN (10%) and Manulife REITS (10%).

No comments:

Post a Comment